Counting down, 18 days!
37 days to English Oral
82 days to Written Papers
104 days to Freedom!
Life does not seems to be fair at all. As I woke up this morning, it have not struck me that life is that fragile after all. Never had I expected that the news will be a bad one. As I bathe and clean up after getting out of bed, I went to ask my mum how's my uncle. She replied calmly that he had passed on at midnight. Stunned, I began to fight back my tears. Well who doesn't feel upset when someone in their family had passed on? I wanted to find out the details but there was none.
Last night at 10 plus, my cousin called for my dad to tell him that her dad had fainted. After asking my cousin to call the ambulance, my dad rushed down to their house. What happened next, I totally do not have an idea. What happened has happened so quickly that I don't think my cousins could take it. Although I am not that close to them, I believe that they should be in a state of shocked about why things happened within 2 hours. As for my other uncles and aunts, I can't predict what would be their reaction.
Early this morning, I almost wanted to see my uncle for one last time before he is placed inside the coffin. However, after my dad consideration that I might be late for school because of this, he refused to let me go. The last time I saw him was on 3rd June. After walking around the computer fair at Suntec City, there was a family gathering at what used to be my grandparent's house. My uncle, First and Second Aunt, second Aunt and 2 cousins were there. After staying there until evening, that uncle drove my dad and I home as we lived near Bukit Batok area. It is really shocking that such a thing happened so suddenly. The last goodbye I said to him was really a final farewell.
Through this, I really realised that one should always treasure your loved ones. Perhaps I should stopping quarrelling with my parents anymore. When I saw how my dad rushes down to his brother's aid immediately after hearing the news and how my aunt and uncle called to ask if we knew the news yet, I realised that family ties are very very important.
From now on, I want to spend more quality time with my family. I do not wish to have any more regrets when things happened so suddenly like yesterday. Seriously I wondered why I felt so emotional when I am not that closed with the uncle at all. He is a very nice man who would drive my family home whenever there is a family gathering. Next, all I can remember about him was that he was cheerful. I remembered him playing with my niece and nephew during chinese new year this year. Someone who looked so fine and healthy yet I will not be able to see him anymore in future. The trips home or to other places, the things that he done when we were gathering, and all the minor things (for eample playing and cheering up my sister, nieces and nephew) that he had done was my impression of him.
Sigh. This is the 2nd death that I had impression of dying after a faint or a fall. Since life is so fragile, I think the most important thing is to live one's life to the fullest and not leaving any regrets. He was a courier and have not had the chance to enjoy the company of his children and grandchildren, yet he had passed on.
How many more deaths can I be able to take? If I am not wrong, this would be my third deaths of close relatives in my family in less than a year and a half. There are other deaths that had occurred in my family during these 18 months as they were of distant relatives, I did not count them in. Sigh. All these goes to show that my relatives are aging. I can hardly imagine what more can happen in the future. Sigh.
Somehow, I wish someone will just smacked me hard on my head and say ALL THESE WAS JUST A TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment